To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2620 Jones Street
MVC Pulse, San Francisco, CA 94133
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front Desk Manager
Marriott Vacations Worldwide • MVC Pulse, San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
*Relocation Assistance Available
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff daily. Manages the Front Desk operation including Registration, VIP Registration, and Check-Out, as well as directly manage the Guest Service Agents. Position directs and works with managers and associates to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Monitors guest and associate satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent degree; 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel Front Office operation.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, including group arrival, registration, VIP registration, and check-out.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, and operational needs are met.
- Verifies that there is regular on-going communication with associates to create awareness of business objectives and expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Provides coaching and written or verbal documentation of positive and or corrective feedback to Front Desk associates
- Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Communicates verbally and in writing, with all level of associates and guests that epitomizes the Marriott Vacations Worldwide Service Culture.
- Maximizes productivity and identifies problem areas and implement solutions.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new hires and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Schedule associates to business demands and for tracks associate time and attendance.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Review associate satisfaction results.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints, taking corrective action as necessary including pass down.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Maintains Knowledge of and assists in all emergency procedures as required.
- Follows and enforce all resort credit policies
- Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and monitors compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
Supporting Human Resource Activities
- Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Brings issues concerning associate satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
- Monitors Daily performance of Front Desk staff. Supervision duties include hiring, training, scheduling, assigning daily tasks, evaluating performance and terminating.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.