Kforce client is seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join their growing team in Cincinnati, Ohio (OH).
The Staff Accountant will prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other complex financial reports and analysis. Responsibilities also include general accounting activities including accounts receivable and payable activities. You will report organization's finances to management, assist with budgets and forecasts and perform a variety of other required tasks.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Provide explanations on expense variances for corporate departments included in monthly reports provided to management
- Post journal entries and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including intercompany activity
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Accurately assist with general accounting functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain relationships with the management of foreign subsidiaries in order to coordinate and perform financial consolidation
- Prepare sales order and invoiced sales analysis and provide recommendations to maximize company performance
- Preparation of sales and use tax compliance reporting
- Assist with processing payroll
- Assist in preparation of departmental budgets and financial forecasts
- Maintain compliance with expense reporting system and policies
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- At least 4 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Revenue recognition ASC 606 experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, etc.)
- CPA or CMA license
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Standard Accounting Practices