To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tax Senior Associate
CBIZ • Easton, MD
Posted 9 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
Easton, MD Overview-From accounting and tax to valuation services and business consulting, we are committed to maximizing all aspects of your business' financial interests. CBIZ can offer you financial services and solutions including accounting, tax and advisory, tax services, audit and attest*, accounting software solutions, corporate recovery and turnaround consulting, not for profit solutions, enterprise risk management, internal audit, international services, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, valuation and focused industry services.
Tax seniors are responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact. Seniors are expected to competently handle a wide variety of tax compliance issues
- Tax Seniors contribute to activities at the senior level including interfacing with associates for project management, time management, and general supervision and guidance
- They are responsible for keeping current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
- They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and maintain a consistently high quality tax solution; and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to clients expectations
- Seniors will be responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
- Other tax compliance responsibilities may include IRS audit assistance, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Complete all aspects of accounting, tax and audit engagements for clients including status updates to engagement managers and adhere to all quality control standards as required
- Demonstrate understanding of the client’s business including analysis and planning of client engagements
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested, explain variances when needed
- Achieve charge hour goals
- Review associates’ accounting, tax or auditing work: provide constructive review points
- May supervise Associate’s on engagements
- Train and mentor associate staff
- May be involved in the client billing process by assisting Managers or Directors
- Identify and begin to develop knowledge in selected specialty practice
- Leverage industry knowledge and business acumen blending cross serve opportunities into client engagements
- Participate in practice development activities such as: membership in qualified organizations capable of referring potential engagements
- Execute administrative duties as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs