To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sartell, MN
- United Recovery, L.P.
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing Specialist - Sartell, MN
Alltran • Sartell, MN
Posted 2 months ago
Medical Billing Specialist
Alltran Health Services is a leader in the Revenue Cycle Management and Healthcare BPO industry. The compensation range is $13.00/hour - $16.00/hour with an additional incentive compensation opportunity of $.75 - $2.50/hour.
Alltran Health Services has been helping providers and patients/consumers resolve their HealthCare Receivable issues for over 22 years. They partner with top Hospitals, Clinics, and Medical providers to solve revenue cycle scheduling, billing, processing and accounts receivable issues
- Cafeteria-style medical plan with HRA
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Fitness center
- On-site wellness coordinator.
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Corporate discounts
- Community service opportunities.
Alltran has an opening for a Medical Billing Specialist in our Extended Business Office Service Line (EBO). Working under general supervision, provides revenue cycle services to existing clients by telephone. Responsible for gathering patient information needed to provide services such as following up on complex claim issues, pre-registration, customer service, pre-authorization, and self-pay balance resolution id applicable. Work will be assigned via a work queue in the clients electronic health record system as well as Alltran inventory management system.
- Reduce outstanding accounts receivable by managing claims inventory
- Speak to patients and insurance companies in a professional regarding their outstanding balances
- Gathers information from patients, clients/family members, client clinical areas, government agencies, employers, third party payors and/or medical payment programs, etc. both in-person and by telephone to register patients, gather or update information, obtain referrals and pre-authorizations, complete appropriate forms, conduct evaluations, determine benefits and eligibility (insurance, public programs, etc.), determine financial responsibility and/or to identify sources of payment for services
- Requests, inputs, verifies, and modifies patient's demographic, primary care provider, and payor information
- Utilizes tools, including computer programs, when indicated
- Provides excellent customer service and timely response to questions and issues related to benefits, billing, claims, payments, etc.
- Answers questions by phone and provides quotes for services identifies financial resources, etc. in accordance with the client policies and procedures
- Utilizes various databases and specialized computer software for revenue cycle activities including eligibility verifications, pre-authorizations, medical necessity, review/updating of patient accounts, etc.
- Inputs, retrieves, and modifies information and data stored in computerized systems and programs; generates reports using computer software
- Explains charges, answers questions, and communicates a variety of requirements, policies, and procedures regarding patient financial care services and resources to patients, staff, payors, and agencies
- Works with Claims and Collections in order to assist patients and their families with billing and payment activities in order to increase cash flow
- Other duties as assigned
No experience required
Must be able to complete background check
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage tasks based on established criteria
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, within a team setting and be supportive of team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze issues and make judgments about appropriate steps toward solutions
- CRCR (Credentialed Revenue Cycle Representative) preferred
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential to the job.
Alltran provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Alltran does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation