Here's an exciting opportunity to join an on-site team to manage a portfolio consisting of a large, established Power Center, a newly developed Lifestyle Center and three medical office buildings all located in the Porter Ranch master-planned community. This nearly 1 million sf portfolio represents an important legacy set of assets developed by an ownership who holds for the long term. The management team will have the opportunity to on-board a highly amenitized lifestyle center that will act as a focal point for the community, including new tenant openings, marketing events and promotions.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for providing support to the Property Manager in all areas of management including operations & maintenance, tenant relations, collections and accounts payables, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, risk management, property improvements, preparation of contracts, managing certificates of insurance and collection of tenant sales. The successful candidate will have experience in commercial property management with a good understanding of YARDI applications for lease administration, budgeting and CAM reconciliations, and must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Assist PM with preparation and submittal of quarterly reports and budgets and ensure all deadlines are met as required by client.
- Follow up with property accountants on Manual Billing Adjustments (or create the MBA’s) as needed per modifications.
- Communicate with Property Accountants and A/R person to ensure all unapplied cash is applied prior to cash cut-off to maximize property management fee and ensure accurate statements.
- Monthly A/R collections and follow-up as directed by Property Manager.
- Review Reconciliations with Property Manager for approval and ensure proper mailing of year-end reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions regarding the reconciliations once mailed and follow up on payments.
- Process payables in a timely manner.
- Run reports such as Rent Rolls, A/R reports, Renewal Option reports, etc. and post as requested. Upload or download items from Files Anywhere and the Client SharePoint Sites.
- Collection and entry of sales in the accounting system or Excel spreadsheets and running the sales reports.
- Keep track of real estate taxes due dates; ensure checks are processed and mailed by due dates. Follow up to ensure payments were received and processed by the tax authorities.
- Set up new tenant files and organize per client’s instructions including filing.
- Mailing of tenant statements. Assist tenants with any questions/issues regarding their statement.
- Prepare letters for new tenants such as Possession letters, Commencement Date Certification, Rent Commencement letters, etc.
- Request new vendor set up and updates.
- Assist with tenant issues or maintenance calls including follow up.
- Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals or create for new properties.
- Maintenance of property information spreadsheets; including tenant contact, vendor contract tracking, vendor certificates of insurance, and building contacts.
- Update utility tracking reports.
- Assist Property Manager to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Assist with acquisition and disposition processes.
- Prepare and process vendor agreements. Set up new vendor files and maintain as required by client.
- Tenant Insurance tracking in Ebix system or/and in Excel.
- Maintain vendor certificates of insurance and follow up on those that are not correct, lacking coverage and expiring.
- Prepare incident reports and communicate with the insurance company when needed.
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
- Must be customer focused.
- Be able to plan and competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, and general use of personal computer.
- A minimum of two years of experience in commercial property management is required.
- Experience with net leases, preparing budgets, CAM reconciliations, and other types of related financial reports is required
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred. A degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Willingness to take the necessary classes and obtain a California Real Estate License.
- Recent experience using Yardi is required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers and the public
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Leasing (Contract Law)