Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode’s business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information, www.methode.com.
The Division controller is the leader of the finance team and finance function of the Division. The role acts as the trusted Business Partner for the Division General Manager and Division Leadership.
The Division Controller oversees accurate and timely accounting and financial information to proactively support Division operational management. He/She ensures compliance with Methode financial policies and procedures, while complying with the internal audit control environment at all times. This position provides crucial decision making support for strategic and tactical changes, and offers forward-looking financial analysis that is both accurate and timely. The position will report to the Director of Performance Management, with a strong dotted line to executive operational management.
- Provides exemplary leadership to geographically dispersed finance teams and to senior North American Automotive management. Key leader of Division Executive Committee.
- Coaches and mentors finance team by facilitating professional growth and skills development.
- Drives process improvements within the finance function by implementing new tools and processes.
- Meets and exceeds finance operational standards by contributing information to strategic financial plans and reviews.
- Ensures maintenance of financial records for projects in a manner that facilitates management reports, providing accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Designs and maintains accounting processes, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Develops and maintains financial models to support the business, including financial and operating metrics, which will drive future financial results
- Supports the annual budget creation and meeting budget requirements by monitoring expenditures and identifying variances, reporting significant issues to senior management.
- Provides leadership by crafting and implementing proactive solutions for cost savings opportunities within the Division.
- Establishes financial condition by analyzing balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow, and supporting schedules; comparing actual results to budget projections
- Works closely with cost estimating function on major quotations for future business opportunities, utilizing advanced overhead allocation models
- Completes corporate requirements by assisting in the preparation of reports for the quarterly operations reviews as well as other corporate financial reporting obligations
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or business required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in durable goods manufacturing
- 5 years of senior finance leadership experience, including managing direct reports
- Keen analytical skills
- Strong financial, cost accounting, and related managerial informational accounting/finance experience required
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of manufacturing (ERP) systems required
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) is a plus
- Tech-savvy individual with proficiency in Excel and enterprise performance management systems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles