Suppose you are looking for a career in a rapidly expanding, growth-oriented industry. MasTec Network Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for you! We are a telecommunications services company that offers wireless network operators various services such as Equipment Installation and Commissioning, Microwave Engineering, Civil Construction, Maintenance, and EF& I Services. We also provide structured, in-class, and field training services to people interested in a career as a Tower Technician.
As an experienced Tower Technician, you will lead and assist in constructing, installing, and maintaining communications tower and support structures. Being a Tower Technician is not for the faint at heart, but MasTec Network Solutions can be an exciting and challenging career opportunity.
Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions. At MasTec Network Solutions, we recognize our success depends on our exceptional technicians. They work hard, so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognize top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a strong leader and want to help pave the way for the next generation of Telecommunications Technicians, this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work.
We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Required Skills As a Tower Technician III, your responsibilities will include:
- Climbing and working on communications towers to install, replace, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with a 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and safely performing duties.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Must have the ability to traveling extensively within the assigned region.