Want to work for one of Denver's Top 5 Best Places to Work? Fiore & Sons is a family-owned business, and we extend that family approach to everyone who works with us. We pay for 100% of the health and dental premiums for all employees and their families and offer a robust set of additional benefits. We also strive to provide stability and opportunity for our people and are committed to career growth, with a strong track record of promoting from within. Come grow with us!
The Heavy Equipment Shop Mechanic diagnoses, adjusts, repairs, overhauls, installs, services and maintains heavy mechanical equipment designed for construction activities such as heavy lifting, earth plowing and material transportation.
$40,082 - $72,134, plus $2,000 signing bonus staggered over first year of continuous employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and identify malfunctions using computerized tools and equipment.
- Accurately troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Read, understand and apply mechanical, electrical, fuel and hydraulic schematics to repair work.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts.
- Remove, repair, and install major heavy equipment components in varying configurations.
- Overhaul and test major components, such as engines, fuel elements, hydraulics, and electrical systems.
- Travel to work sites as needed to repair heavy construction machinery.
- Service truck trailers and maintain equipment inspection and service logs on a daily basis.
- Maintain tooling in good working order as per OSHA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 12 months maintenance experience servicing and repairing trucks and heavy construction equipment, including scrapers, skid steers, bulldozers, excavators, and backhoes.
- Truck and diesel engine experience.
- Experience with maintenance of Kenworth T800 tractors, side dump and/or end dump trailers ideal, but any truck experience is welcomed.
- Experience with pneumatics, electrical, hydraulic systems, brakes etc. is required.
- Ability to work on several makes and models of equipment.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, work independently, manage time, multitask, and handle stress.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good driving record to be able to drive Company vehicles.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to scheduling needs, including primarily day shift hours (usually between 3 AM and 3 PM), weekends, and/or holidays as required to accommodate customer and project needs.
- Ability to pass pre- and post-employment drug screening and work history verification.
- Must possess own tools.
- Advance technical and mechanical knowledge or related certifications with critical thinking and troubleshooting experience.
- 3 plus years of experience servicing and repairing trucks and heavy equipment such as scrapers, skid steers, bulldozers, excavators and backhoes.
- Welding Knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience diagnosing emission systems with Paccar and Cummins engines.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to do and understand basic math equations.
Primary functions require the physical ability and mobility to stand, sit, or lie down for extended periods of time and repeatedly work overhead, kneel, crawl, push, pull, bend, twist, and climb equipment as required by task. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to identify and manipulate small components. Keen olfactory and auditory senses to identify unseen problems with equipment or fluids. Ability to frequently lift 25 to 50 pounds.
Combination of repair shop environment with periodic outside repairs exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow) and ability to stand for long periods of time. Regularly exposed to hazards such as noise, fumes, moving equipment, liquids and lubricants.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental – we pay 100% of the premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan - optional
- FSA Account - optional
- HSA Account - with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3% of salary.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - additional voluntary options as well
- Long term Disability - optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance - additional voluntary options as well
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fiore & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. All employment decisions at Fiore & Sons are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race or ethnicity, color, religion or belief, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the law. Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at
- Heavy Equipment
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)