Weichert Co. is hiring a Director of Public Relations and Communications in their Morris Plains, NJ Corporate office. The Director of Public Relations and Communications is responsible for developing and managing both internal and external communication strategies for Weichert, Realtors and the Weichert Family of Companies. The position is also responsible for developing brand position as it pertains to news media and other external communication channels. Job responsbilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for the development, management and execution of all media relations strategies for the Weichert Family of Companies and its people, products and services.
* Oversees all internal communications for Weichert including message/story development, editorial calendar planning, news cascading, channel distribution (emails, internal portal, social media, blogs, newsletters), and town hall execution to keep employees informed and engaged.
* Meets with senior executives throughout the company to ensure public relations and internal communication materials best support company objectives and messaging.
* Serves as Weichert Family of Companies spokesperson to the general, business and real estate trade media on a wide range of issues.
* Monitors media to maintain a pulse on industry trends, peer companies and influencers; modifies long-term strategy to increase Weichert's image, reputation and thought leadership.
* Ensures accuracy, clarity and consistency of communications, reflecting messaging, wider company objectives and issues/change/crisis management.
* Evaluates and measures the effectiveness of communication efforts to continuously improve sentiment and effectiveness.
* Owns and aligns Weichert's Family of Companies to overall communications strategy, leveraging content as appropriate and advising on best practices.
* Evolves, leads and manages Weichert's philanthropic initiatives and events.
* Maintains good working relationships with members of the media and internal contacts.
* Perform other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, journalism or related field preferred.
* Valid driver's license required
* Five (5) or more years of related corporate communications experience, with at least two (2) years of media relations experience working with general, business and trade reporters
* Previous supervisory experience required
* Exceptional oral and written communications skills that relay enthusiasm about the Company
* Ability to manage team(s) in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
* Ability to multitask and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
* Strong attention to detail, as well as adept at planning, organizing and adapting to changes
* Excellent judgment on business and personal matters
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products a plus
* Proven social media and networking expertise with high engagement KPIs Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled