$23.00 to $23.00 hourly
If you're an experienced accountant with a keen eye for accuracy, there's an exciting opportunity through Accountemps for you to check out at a growing firm. In the role of Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. Many aspects of internal reporting will be your responsibility during the monthly close. You will also participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. This position involves a good deal of time spent on producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This multi-faceted, challenging long-term temporary opportunity is at a Macy, Nebraska based company where effort is rewarded and the environment is thriving.
- Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Report on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Complete month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Be a part of various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Assist in monthly financial close workbook preparation, including annual closing process
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reportings
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Great attention to detail
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Solid understanding of journal entries
- Command of account reconciliation
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.