JOB LOCATION: Houston, Texas
This position will report to the Regional Manager, and will be the specialist for all bulk material procurement. The main duties of this position are to oversee the procurement of all consumables for the construction process, such as structural steel, concrete, rebar, etc., to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers during the bidding process and after project award, and to manage the contracts/subcontracts of the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of the project procurement plan in accordance with approved corporate and or project policies, procedures, plans, strategy and budgets.
- Communicate with bidders and suppliers or subcontractors on all procurement related matters.
- Oversee the preparation of the bid inquiry documents, bid tabulations and selection recommendations.
- Lead contract negotiations and preparation, including issuing approval of contract documents, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee coordination of expediting, logistics and traffic with respect to the delivery of supplier equipment and materials delivered to site.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain existing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, in accordance with Regional Manager and Corporate Counsel
- Interface with operations management, estimating and other departments as required.
- Request and submit prime contract documents, bonds and insurance certificates to satisfy prime requirements.
- Prepare appropriate subcontract forms, including all attachments, flow-down language, and Terms and Conditions in a form consistent with Company procedures.
- Perform document control and maintain contract files in a manner that supports accounting and audit purposes throughout construction and close-out.
- Assure basic contract terms meet company standards, and seek and obtain approval when needed.
- Monitor subcontract execution progress and provide management of status reports.
- Notify management of contract mark-ups.
- Verify the subcontractor has appropriate insurance coverage and licensing.
- Ensure the contracts are accurately executed.
- Follow Company policies with respect to subcontractor insurance coverage, pre-liens and lien releases.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Procurement role within the Construction industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Contract Management.
- Notary Public in the State of Texas
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, import regulations, competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms and conditions is required.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting service and financial requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.