To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norristown, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Billing Representative - Norristown, PA
UnitedHealth Group • Norristown, PA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
As a Billing Representative you’ll play a critical role in creating a quality experience that impacts the financial well-being of our patients. You’ll be the expert problem solver as you work to quickly identify, analyze and resolve issues in a fast paced environment. This is your chance to take your career to the next level as you support teams by reviewing, and investigating claims. Bring your listening skills, emotional strength and attention to detail as you work to ensure every claim has a fair and thorough review.
If selected for this position, it is required that you successfully complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrate proficiency to continue in the role.
- Analyzes and applies denials to third party carriers in all media types
- Complies with departmental Business Rules and Standard Operating Procedures
- Focuses efforts on decreasing the Accounts Receivable, increasing cash, and/or reducing bad debt
- Interprets explanation of benefits for appropriate follow up action
- Utilizes automation tools to verify eligibility, claim status and / or to obtain better billing information
- Creates worklist through Access database and manipulate data to analyze for trends and resolve claims for adjudication
- Reviews and researches denied claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms, in order to accurately capture data / information for processing
- Communicates and collaborates with members or providers to evaluate claims errors / issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Conducts data entry and re-work for adjudication of claims
- Works on various other projects as needed
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, patient and client satisfaction and attendance
- This position is full-time (40 hours / week) with our site operating from Monday – Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends or holidays
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and ability to learn new computer programs
- Previous work experience requiring exceptional data entry proficiency and accuracy
- Some College level classes / coursework
- 1+ years of experience in A / R, Billing, and Customer Service, Insurance, or Healthcare
- Medical terminology acumen
- Certified medical coder or involved with medical coding
- Previous experience with medical claims processing
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints
- Ability to exhibit empathy and be courteous to callers
- Ability to triage and handle escalated situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Previous work experience in a fast paced environment requiring strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support