Responsible for providing engineering support to Region, Service Centers, and other company personnel for the planning, design, operation, and maintenance of the Distribution System. Assist’s in the engineering analysis of the electrical distribution system to properly serve new customer loads. Ensures safe and efficient operation of the distribution system, and resolves technical issues affecting the distribution system. Evaluates delivery system performance. Applies and interprets company, industry, local, state, national codes, tariffs, and standards, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Interprets and administers company policies and procedures relating to personnel, industrial relations, service extensions, safety, accounting, and purchasing.
1. Performs engineering analyses of the electric distribution system to serve new customer loads. Completes distribution system reliability studies, contingency plans, reviews capital budget project proposals, prepares NPVs, determines correction of circuit electrical operating deficiencies, etc. Conducts capacity analyses of key substation equipment. (50%, P)
2. Conducts engineering evaluations of distribution materials, selects proper materials, applications, equipment for approval, and conducts material failure analyses. May aid customer service groups on power quality uses including investigation, analysis and mitigation. (10%, P)
3. Performs flicker analysis for large customer motors. Analyzes the impact of customer-interconnected distributed generation. May provide fuse-recloser coordination service including the review and updating of coordination schemes. (10%, P)
4. Recommends necessary system improvement and/or construction projects and provides all necessary documents for those projects. (15%, P)
5. Develops and implements electric reliability plans, Prepares reports and feasibility studies for submission to management. (5%, S)
6. Interprets and administers company policies and procedures relating to personnel, industrial relations, service extensions, safety, accounting, and purchasing. (5%, S)
7. This position will assign a storm role and be expected to support Avangrid in storm restoration efforts. This includes travel throughout Avangrid as needed. (5%, S)
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience required.
• Knowledge of distribution design required.
• Proactive and results oriented.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com