Our client, located near Lawrence, NJ is adding a Tax Manager to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit and Gift).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
Requirements for the position include:
- CPA Certification required.
- Good oral and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent opportunity with the opportunity to grow with the company.
Standard Accounting Practices