Who Are We
Since 1985, BCCS has helped members of our community recover with hope and self-respect, while improving their physical and mental health. BCCS is a trusted and accessible community resource that transforms the way society responds to how people view the multiple dimensions of recovery. With integrity, we promote hope and empowerment to persons living with addiction, mental health, and HIV related challenges.
The Drug Diversion Peer Recovery Specialist is primarily responsible as a peer support to assigned clients. The Drug Diversion program provides an array of educational, early intervention, prevention and support services to individuals entering into, or involved in a drug treatment court program. The Drug Diversion Peer Recovery Specialist is responsible for providing quality, sufficient and appropriate services and for maintaining high professional standards.
Job-Specific Performance Standards
* Participates in individual and group supervision
* Participates in BCCS subcommittees, committees and meetings
* Participates in case presentation at weekly meetings
* Participates in staff meetings, trainings and other office related duties
* Complies with all BCCS policies and procedures
* Coordinates community referrals and services outside of BCCS
* Advocates for individual and community needs
* Meets with clients for billable service hours
* Meets with assigned clients once a month for peer support session.
* Meets with Drug Diversion Clinical Supervisor for supervision
* Records UDS for assigned caseload and addresses screens with clients
REQUIRED: Personal lived experience with recovery from substance use disorder
PREFERRED: 1 year alcohol and drug experience.
PREFERRED: Working knowledge of available community resources.
Maintain CPRS or provide verification of active pursuit of CPRS
Monday-Friday, with three shifts 7am-3pm and two shifts 11am to 7pm
REQUIRED: Bilingual with fluency in reading/writing in Spanish.
The compensation package for this position includes:
* A competitive salary
* Group medical, and dental coverage with low employee costs
* 34 paid days off annually
* Tuition reimbursement, a retirement plan with a company match and much more!
- Clinical Works
- Computerized Patient Record System
- Mental Health
- Peer Support