A Healthier Future Starts With You:
Every great team is led by a great leader. As a Shift Leader, you will assist the management team with the day-to-day operations and bring our mission to life: building healthier communities by connecting people to real food. Shift Leaders help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy meal together.
What You'll Do:
These responsibilities highlight some of the key functions a Shift Leader will perform. Additional supervisory tasks may be assigned as necessary.
* Creates a positive work environment in line with our mission, vision + values
* Delivers exceptional customer experiences
* Ensures team and guest safety by following operational policies and procedures
* Assists with new team member training and provides feedback where needed
* Follows all food safety practices and restaurant cleanliness expectations in accordance with company guidelines
* Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets
* Manual ability to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
* Have schedule flexibility to include availability for opening shifts, closing shifts, and weekends
* Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time
You must be able to perform the job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
What You've Got:
* 1+ years experience in a Shift Leader/Supervisor role
* Experience in a restaurant, retail or hospitality role (preferred)
* Food Handler Certificate as required by city or state
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
* Ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
What Perks You'll Get:
* Medical, dental, + vision plan options available for part-time and full-time Team Members*
* Competitive wages
* Holiday pay for hourly employees who work on an observed holiday
* Vacation + wellness time
* 5 month paid parental leave*
* 401k with company match*
* Free healthy and delicious shift meal
* And much more…
* Depending on eligibility
Who We Are:
Sweetgreen is a plant-forward food company with a vision for a healthier tomorrow, and we're only just getting started. As we continue building, it's our priority to nurture talent from restaurants to our support center, so everyone can be part of the movement. And the best thing? When you join sweetgreen, you don't just grow your own future-you grow the planet's.
Sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must, as a condition of employment, provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.
- Cutting Tool (Machining)
- Food Safety