Apex Systems is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer in the Raynham, MA area.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with R&D Engineers in developing new product designs within a cross-functional team environment, specifically to develop innovative manufacturing solutions for Spinal implantable devices and reusable instruments.
- Responsible for establishing the relationship between product design features & the selected methods required to manufacture the product.
- Provide detailed assessments and critical Design for Manufacturing review of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies.
- Assess the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
- Manage the manufacturing of prototypes used in NPD, including selecting the most appropriate prototype methods and executing prototype development to support new product design trials.
- Complete financial estimates of component and assembly Cost of Goods Sold. Provide analysis and recommendations for feature and manufacturing cost tradeoffs during the design phase of new products.
- Develop comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
- A Bachelor’s Science degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain environment is required.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience working in medical device or regulated industry is preferred.
- Knowledge in the application of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), including industry best practices and experience in applying DFM to new product designs is preferred.
- Experience using process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma and lean preferred.
- Proficient ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required.
- Experience writing and executing equipment and process validations preferred.
- Experience working with an integrated cross-functional new product development team is required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Nice to haves:
- Six sigma
- Writing/executing equipment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
New Product Development