Electrical/Instrument Construction Coordinator
Primary liaison between refinery departments (Project, Process, Electrical and Controls Engineering, Safety, Security, Reliability, Operations and Maintenance) and construction contractors performing project work. Overall responsible for ensuring projects adhere to schedule demands while following applicable safety, environmental, design and quality objectives.
• Reviews and comments on drawings “Issued for Approval.”
• Conducts field inspection of proposed project work with contractor representatives (bid walk down).
• Ensures proper documentation (construction drawings, specifications, etc.) exist, prior to construction, to support “Management of Change” requirements.
• Verifies project execution adheres to applicable codes, specifications and regulations.
• Reviews field performance and ensures contract conformance.
• Reports field work progress and assists in keeping schedule updated.
• Monitors planning, staffing, communication and coordination of project work, amongst all disciplines, to ensure project execution remains within the established schedule and budget.
• Participates in all schedule preparation, coordination, review and work process meetings.
• Determines and monitors manpower resources and qualifications to support project work.
• Receives and accounts for project materials and equipment.
• Assists in developing resolutions of any unanticipated obstacles identified during work planning, schedule preparation, coordination and execution.
• Reviews and compiles construction contractor “final QC packages” to ensure proper documentation exists to support the finished product.
• Guides “red-lined” documentation through proper updating channels prior to and following construction completion and “Pre-Startup Safety Review.”
• Initiates, participates and/or supports “Pre-Startup Safety Review” functions.
• Monitors and ensures construction contractor compliance with plant and project safety requirements.
• Assists and verifies compliance with plant permitting rules and regulations.
- 6+ years experience
- Proficient computer skills, Word, Excel, SAP
- Mob/Demob available for eligible candidates
- Per Diem available for eligible candidates
- Southern/Gulf Coast Region
Product Quality Assurance