To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Delano, CA 93215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Sanitation Supervisor - Wonderful Citrus
Wonderful Citrus • Delano, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supervises and coordinates the associates executing the sanitation program designed to provide consistent end of shift and operational cleaning that comply with regulatory, GFSI, customer, and internal requirements. Conducts audits of facility to ensure standards are being met and initiates any root cause analysis necessary to lead to the appropriate corrective actions. Leads the execution of any necessary corrective actions. The supervisor assists the sanitation manager in leading the continuous improvement of sanitation to deliver best in class performance in food safety, and yield loss due to spoilage while optimizing cost.
Here's what you'll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervises team of employees responsible for operational sanitation, and end of production sanitation in preparation for daily facility startup.
* Maintains and reviews sanitation records. Initiates any required corrective actions to observations from records.
* Verifies accuracy of SOPs and completes updates if necessary.
* Verifies MSS activities and completes updates to MSS based on results if necessary.
* Review time punch details for team members.
* Coach and inspire each member of their area to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department
* Lead all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
* Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization.
* Monitor team member's hours, breaks, lunch periods and schedules as efficiently as possible to minimize production downtime.
* In conjunction with the sanitation leads, coordinates and assigns work of sanitation employees each shift.
* Manages requisitions and schedules to stay within sanitation budget.
* Assists in the identification of annual goals for lead sanitation team members and provides the development and/or tools for the team members to achieve those goals.
* Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to WC standards.
* Maintain audit readiness for Corporate, GMP, Government agencies, or other third party audits by ensuring all quality documentation is complete.
* Manage chemical and cleaning supply inventory by ensuring availability of cleaning supplies and makes purchase requisitions when needed.
* Completes disciplinary action as needed for non-compliant associates as needed in accordance with our employee manual and/or department standards and expectations.
* Maintains ATP results and microorganism levels within company standards and initiates any necessary corrective actions for repetitive failures.
* Provide timely and accurate reporting in compliance with quality and food safety programs including sanitation inspections, sanitation/food safety violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies.
* Actively support plant safety culture to drive to 0 injuries.
* Actively promote WOW (Wonderful Citrus continuous improvement) activities
* Assist the sanitation manager in conducting accurate and effective training to new and tenured employees.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science/Engineering/Chemistry or other relevant sciences with (1-3) years in quality/manufacturing/sanitation management roles or 3-5 years of quality/manufacturing/sanitation leadership experience. Multiple manufacturing environments preferred.
* Food processing sanitation experience.
* Knowledge of food safety and regulatory requirements.
* HACCP certified preferred.
* Experience with fresh produce preferred.
* Prior experience with automated packing equipment preferred.
* Must be capable of working independently and in a team based environment.
* Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Able to make decisions within scope of job.
* Must possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must have working knowledge in a manufacturing setting.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
* Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
* Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
* Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
* Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000487778306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.