To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fishers, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, HR Employee Relations
Navient • Fishers, IN
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Employee Relations Senior Manager role has two distinct areas of responsibility. One is to ensure positive, fair, and consistent employee relations at assigned sites. This is accomplished by conducting confidential, effective investigations into allegations of inappropriate conduct such as policy violations, workplace conflicts, discrimination, and harassment by determining the appropriate investigatory tactics, analyzing the information obtained to reach reasonable conclusions, and devising the appropriate remediation responses. This is also effectuated by reviewing for approval escalated progressive disciplinary actions and all requests for termination. Finally, for this aspect of the role, the incumbent partners with management to drive continuous improvement by developing and facilitating proactive employee relations training curriculum, counseling leaders and employees on matters such as performance management and conflict resolution, analyzing applicable metrics and trends, and engaging in activities to further positive employee engagement. The other distinct area of responsibility for this position is to manage the Leave Administration team which is a part of the Employee Relations Department. In that capacity, the Senior Manager provides oversight and guidance to the Leave Administration staff regarding their administrative responsibilities of leaves of absence and accommodation programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct confidential, effective investigations and determine appropriate remediation considering company policies and practices, as well as applicable laws and regulations
- Review for approval escalated progressive disciplinary actions and all requests for termination
- Advise management and employees regarding policy interpretation
- Build rapport and relationships with management and employees to maintain a reputation as a resource and confidante; regularly visit all assigned sites
- Attend involuntary termination (other than job abolishment) notification meetings
- Represent Company at unemployment adjudication hearings
- Maintain knowledge of applicable legal updates to properly identify gaps in human resource policies, standards and procedures and partner with appropriate parties to remedy
- Educate management and employees on revised policies, standards and procedures
- Collaborate and coordinate with HR COE peers to ensure consistency in human resource support across the Company and HR Department
Employee Relations Analysist/ Reporting and Management Development
- Create and deliver applicable trend reports concerning relevant employee relations activities
- Use trends to proactively identify management training or development needs
- Create and deliver training curriculum for management to address employee relations topics
- Provide oversight of continuous improvement efforts of analyzing and revising, as necessary, leave of absence and workplace accommodation programs, processes, procedures and written communication templates.
- As needed, advise staff on the administration of leaves of absence and workplace accommodations programs ensuring consistency, proper application of company policies and procedures, and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Counsel supervisory staff responsible to plan, direct, and organize the work of staff within the Leave Administration group and appropriately provide advice, coaching, and guidance.
- Guide activities related to the development and analysis of reports from case management software program and/or HRIS as requested to track trends and recommend changes to leaves of absence and workplace accommodation program to improve employee relations climate and employee engagement.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and execute integration plans for leave of absence and workplace accommodation programs for new subsidiary acquisitions.
- Provide effective guidance to management and employees in response to escalated questions and matters regarding leave of absence and workplace accommodation programs, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or additional equivalent experience above the required minimum
- At least six years of experience in human resource roles, including significant experience in employee relations or generalist positions
- At least three years of experience leading effective workplace investigations and developing sound conclusions, as well as driving concepts around positive employee engagement
- At least three years administering, in some HR capacity, leaves of absence and workplace accommodation programs
- Proven experience in a position that required influencing others at all levels of the organization through exceptional interpersonal skills, building credibility, and inspiring confidence at all levels of an organization
- Extensive experience working with personal computers and HRIS systems from a user (versus employee) perspective
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
- Completion of continuing education programs or seminars on topics related to state and federal law updates or requirements and employee relations
- Significant knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to employment to include subjects such as wage and hour administration, discrimination and harassment, leave of absence, and EEOC and DOL governance
- Developed skills in applying reason and logic to resolve and/or address complex matters (i.e., investigations) and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Developed ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Developed skills drafting clear, complete, accurate, and logical written and verbal communication pieces to include presentations, reports, memos and emails
- Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others while maintaining a diplomatic approach
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic business orientation and mental agility/flexibility
- Demonstrated skills in impacting and providing support to other human resource functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high profile matters simultaneously
- Developed skills working in a highly-matrixed environment
- Developed skills creating and maintaining an issue-free work environment that makes third party intervention unnecessary
- Ability to travel overnight up to 20% as necessary