Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is seeking a Senior Solution Operations Engineer to join our global Operations team. Working collaboratively with colleagues, internal and external customers and partners, the Senior Solutions Engineer will apply their string technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to optimize the effectiveness of digital projects. This position is based out of Mechanicsburg, PA or Houston (Katy) TX offices.
Tasks May Include
- Planning and coordination of technology based projects
- Continuous management and maintenance of customer’s product/application deployments (hosted and cloud based technologies)
- Development and maintenance of automation deployment scripts
- Work closely across consultancy and development teams to fine tune and drive the efficiency of Solutions
- Promote, refine,and comply with DNV GL's Operations delivery model
- Promote Solution Operations and develop working practices within other Business Areas
- Manage and control operational running costs, related to the delivery of SaaS solutions
- Management and maintenance of other IT systems where required
- Provide Pre-Sales support
- Provide and maintain reporting aligned to operational KPI’s
- Ensure consistency and quality in delivery
- Investigate, test, develop and promote the use of new technologies to improve the service
- Provide Ad hoc support of requests from Product Support, sections heads, PM’s & technical leads.
Planning and Testing of DR and Continuity
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with Azure
- Understanding of the SaaS solutions usage in the context of their business
- Script languages development skills (specifically PowerShell)
- Technical knowledge in the area of designing, deploying and maintaining IT systems
- Background in delivering and operating enterprise solutions in the Cloud/Hosted
- Excellent understanding of IT Governance and Control
- Travel requirement (% of the year): 5%
- Strong writtena nd verbal English communication skills
- Exerience with AWS, Google or Oracle cloud platforms are an advantage
- Understanding of IT Security Principles and standards (ISO27001)
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Software As A Services