Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of Clam Chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster Bisque in the country.
Summary: Directly supervise employees in a fast paced environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, and all Corporate Policies. This position is or may be the facility SQF Practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May serve as the SQF (Safe Quality Foods) Practitioner for specific facility
- Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team in order to achieve daily goals
- Assist in designing, implementation and enforcement of product quality and food safety control points
- Collect, log and report trends on information gathered
- Maintain, create and communicate quality reporting data
- Communicate quickly and effectively with all levels of production management
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating procedures throughout the facility to audit, inspect and ensure compliance
- Conduct and inspect or audit Blount facilities to assure compliance with applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance management
- Administer and/or attend necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and product quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding questionable product.
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulatory officials
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the QA staff over two shifts, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Train all related QA employees in their essential duties, as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints, and takes measures to prevent recurrence..
- Directly supervise 1-6 employees in the Quality Assurance Department
- Interview, hire, and train employees
- Plan, assign and direct work within the department
- Conduct performance reviews and reward and discipline employees as needed
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (A.S.) from a two-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HACCP Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification.
Product Quality Assurance
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points