Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a senior Information Technology (IT) Service/Support Specialist supporting a new opportunity. The successful candidate will be team-oriented and possess strong multi-tasking abilities. The ideal candidate will use applied knowledge to assist in providing customer support and resolve routine, non-complex customer problems with information technology systems (primarily laptops and desktop computers utilizing Windows 10 operating systems).
The candidate will need proven skills to communicate with internal technical or customer service personnel to determine nature of problems to implement resolutions. He/she will document IT problems and troubleshooting procedures, attend on-going training sessions to achieve a higher level of technical skill, and apply skills and experience to gain high level of familiarity with specialized user developed software.
The position requires support occasionally on weekends and during hours outside of the normal duty day.
Primary schedule, during core duty hours (6:00 AM - 2:00 PM or 7:00 AM -3:00 PM
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation with Windows 10 operating system
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software (JIRA)
- Document internal procedures
- Install, test and configure new workstations, laptops, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to team members for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Provide advice and recommendations on hardware requirements
- Perform maintenance and repairs as required
- Participate in configuration control activities
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Provide contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Provide in-person troubleshooting support to customers.
- Document incident resolution and status in incident database tools.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Understand dependencies across hardware and software components.
- Provide input and update to standard operating procedures.
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Must Have Security + Certification
- Possess TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 5 years of related experience
- Change Management
- Customer Service
- Database Tools And Utilities
- Desktop Computing