Our Lincolnshire, IL Plant is looking to add a talented Industrial Mechanic (Night Shift) to our team.
The Industrial Mechanic is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment related to coil processing production equipment and will require skills to diagnose and repair problems and perform preventative maintenance inspections.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Excellent pay - Our Industrial Mechanics start at $32.98 per hour. Employees receive premium pay (time and one-half) for hours worked on Saturday and Sunday and receive shift differential pay for evening shifts.
Incentive plan - Employees are eligible for a Productivity Incentive Plan
once completing 90 days of service. The plan is paid on a monthly basis with a maximum payout of 5%.
Benefits - We offer a competitive benefit program including paid vacation and holidays. Employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance which begins on date of hire. New employees are immediately eligible to participate for the 401(k) plan, including Company match up to 2.5%; additional Employer contributions of 4% after one year of employment.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
* Diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot, remove, replace, repair, and perform mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance, lubrication, repair and adjustment of coil processing equipment.
* Perform mechanical repairs on industrial drive trains including gear boxes, gear trains, sprockets, chains, belts, pulleys; replace bearings.
* Recognizing and performing machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems, operational interlocks, sensors, and energy systems isolations
* Maintaining certifications for calibrated equipment, maintenance documentation, machine history, and all other appropriate documentation for production equipment.
* Offer technical/ mechanical suggestions to improve efficiency, reusability and extended life of equipment.
* Continuously work with other departments to evaluate and improve technical solutions and strategies.
* Document and communicate maintenance/repair actions as well as irregularities.
* Test equipment to confirm machines will meet production and quality standards.
* Ensure compliance with safety, cleanliness and established regulations.
* Guide production staff in routine preventive maintenance techniques.
* Maintain, monitor and control spare parts and tooling
* Perform pipe fitting, welding and brazing.
* Complies with all safety procedures such as rigging methods, lockout/tagout, confined space entry permit procedure, etc. and utilizes all personal protective and other safety equipment such as fall protection devices. Must replace all safety guards and restore housekeeping following repairs.
Must be a leader in safety and be a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
* Team player and self-starter.
* Basic computer knowledge and skills.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to work from drawings and sketches. Must demonstrate comprehension of engineering specifications and technical manuals.
* Knowledge and hands on experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, pumps, power transmissions, PM programs, welding, lubrication, and rigging.
* Knowledge of bearing installation, lubrication, alignment and failure causes
Willingness to train and improve knowledge and skills.
* Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or related field preferred and three to five years industrial skills.
The finishing mill in Lincolnshire established in 1966 cold rolls aluminum to a desired gauge anneals to temper levels and slits the rolled sheet to size. The facility which employees around 100 people produces mill finish coil for the building and construction and transportation industries. Lincolnshire is committed to the local community through its ongoing volunteer initiatives with a number of local organizations
DISCLAIMER: In alignment with current Novelis policy and procedures, all Novelis employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for new employment at Novelis. Fully vaccinated means you have received the last recommended dose of any vaccine that has been approved by the CDC or World Health Organization. As the COVID-19 landscape is continuously evolving, this requirement is subject to change. Proof of vaccination status will be required to qualify for new employment at Novelis.
- Confined Spaces
- Failure Causes