Accounts Receivable Administrator
The Accounts Receivable Administrator maintains the accounts receivable work flow by managing and processing payments, charges and dispositions of accounts receivable accounts. In addition, maintain accurate resident account receivable ledgers.
Maintain accounts receivable records, recording and posting Yardi deposits.
Establishes and maintains close working relationships with Regional Managers, Property Managers and other field personnel to ensure the accounts receivable properly reflects the operations. Function as liaison between the home office and property/regional employees.
Responsible for reviewing site originated transactions including dispositions, monthly gross potential rent, uncollectable rent, collections, pre-paids, and accounts receivable balances.
Research site inquiries regarding resident balance issues with the property managers.
Post employee rent checks and in-house deposits.
Post and receive Housing Authority rent checks and Housing direct deposit wires.
Process security deposits dispositions on a weekly basis, both refunds and final balance due plus remittance of notification to 3rd party collection agency.
Daily recording of NSF fees and other bank reversals from several online sources
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the receivable and security deposit clearing accounts.
- Review and reconcile miscellaneous income GL accounts.
- Reconciliation of month end accounts receivable accounts with the general ledger. Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in accounts receivable entries, documents and reports.
- Posts monthly site late fees.
- Prepare and send monthly renewal letters including states requiring certificate of mailing. Attach all renewal letters to resident screen thru YARDI correspondence process.
- Post automatic renewals in Yardi.
- Verification of employee apartments and the payment of these rents within the resident ledger.
- Complete accounts receivable month end closing.
- Prepare account analysis as required.
- Maintain A/R files as it relates to the above.
- Participate in new acquisition due diligence including on site lease audits.
- Audit all new move in leases to verify lease dates, rates, security deposits and other pertinent information. Follow up with managers regarding discrepancies.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 5242
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At Morgan Properties we are committed to excellence, and take pride in offering a comfortable living experience for our residents. Our Management teams look forward to servicing your needs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
View the full profile
Established in 1985 by Mitchell L. Morgan, Morgan Properties is a real estate investment, development and management company.
Morgan Properties owns and manages 132 apartment communities with over 31,000 apartment homes in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia and Nebraska.
As one of the nation’s leading apartment management companies, Morgan Properties has been creating the standards that others have followed for many years. It is an organization that is built upon a commitment to excellence. Our highly qualified staff with strong teamwork continually achieves our goal of being the leader in the field. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day.
Our ongoing commitment to quality customer service, management, maintenance and marketing has made the Morgan Properties portfolio one of the fastest growing in apartment and townhome living.