We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Information Technology Service Delivery Manager to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support Deputy and lead Program Manager of a large Program Management Office with responsibilities for technology implementation, software application implementation and engineering oversight of 3rd party vendors providing nationwide service to design, install and maintain technology components to a large nationwide enterprise or government level facilities.
• Utilizes excellent written and oral communication skills to work closely with executive Federal leadership, contractor and vendor technical staff to identify best solutions for the organization.
• Comfortable working independently and hands-on to prototype and evaluating custom and third party solutions for fit within the organization.
• Accountable for managing the delivery of contracted outsourced services such as business process and information technology to government client.
• Serves as the primary point of contact to the client(s) regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery. Ensures SLAs (service level agreements) and KPI (key performance indicators) as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
• Ensures that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet client requirements by maintaining tight control over the project schedule, risks, scope of work and budget.
• Builds and maintains strong client relationships, and participates in client meetings regarding performance to ensure client satisfaction.
• Ensures that operational teams and subcontractors maintain a clear understanding of the client's needs, and provides day-to-day client advice and support.
• Promotes the organization's capabilities and works to achieve contract extension or to win additional business within the account(s). Excludes specific technical functional managers or other individuals temporarily assigned project management responsibilities.
• Interfaces and leads discussions across cross-functional teams, engaging executive management to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
• Defines complex solutions which align with and support client requirements, needs and enterprise environment. Mentors and leads project teams in the appropriate use of strategic solutions and offerings.
• Identifies and evaluates business requirements; evaluates concepts and models such as market timing, knowledge of industry and trends. Reviews and approves decisions prior to implementation to ensure adherence to business strategies.
• Leads performance reviews and scalability assessment activities.
• Coordinates the provisioning of information technology services, development of service plans and policies, delivering of the highest level of operational services, service management, change control, and improvement in service, all to ensure continuous customer satisfaction, cost minimization.
• Manages customers, resources (both material and human), and projects and programs related to service delivery.
• Provides reports to Government management on the performance of Service Delivery, customer complaints, and suggestions on how to improve on service delivery.
• Provides expertise in project planning, task management, and control; including demonstrated use of project scheduling, cost management, change management, and tracking tools.
• Performs supervision and direction to ensure quality deliverables are created while managing costs, scheduling, and resources.
• Collaborates with Senior Government IT Staff, and performs work independently to ensure that project goals and objectives are met.
Technical Experience (IT Operational Services management and delivery):
• Demonstrable leadership experience to independently manage complex projects is required.
• Performs supervision and direction to ensure quality deliverables while managing investments, costs, scheduling, technical capabilities, strategy alignment, and resources.
• Responsible for the quality and efficiency of multiple Task Orders and work assignments involving large IT oriented staffs. Collaborates with Government Chief Information Officer and Senior IT Staff, and performs work independently to ensure that Government organizational goals, program goals, IT performance objectives and service level objectives are met.
• Directs and manages technical activities related to implementation, transition, upgrades, testing, break fix, operations and maintenance.
• Serve as an operational customer Point of Contact and contact for government owned, external vendor solution elements for interoperability activities, communications, and escalations.
• Manage and performs technical engineering requirement processes associated with procurement, sustainment, modification, and performance of specific systems or sub-systems; provides technical guidance, data analysis, reports, assist in the coordination of all technical activities to include system analysis and facilities with Government oversight for inherently Government activities that require a decision or that might obligate the Government.
• Ensures any performance degradations not specifically and directly delivered services under this contract can be supported in the operational model with the greatest efficiency and least government staff activity.
• Ensures technology alignment to the strategy, roadmap, and technical architecture decisions of the government.
• Manage processes associated with on-site installation, delivery and quality assurance for wide variety of ITSM related projects involving a nationwide user base.
• Provide Business and Customer support for IT operations lifecycle communications, knowledge management, and training on delivered services; and advise Customers on emerging technology options.
• Manage Schedules and Engineers who develop designs for Information Technology architectures by successfully emulating, adapting and replicating current design rules and guidance. Validate design and redesigns of existing technology approaches to identify necessary improvements and technological advancements. Edit plans and design to ensure consistency and operational applicability of solutions.
• Provide assessments of technical requirements provided by customer representatives including any standardized design and/or engineering criteria expected for the design.
• Conduct market research to assist the Government in the preparation of the Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) for technology procurement and design packages.
• Experience developing and delivering Federal Government IDIQ based task order bids, solutions and projects.
• Manage staff and schedules to provide technical assessments of completed tasks, project progress and desired outcomes in accordance with project plans and schedules.
• Test-driven, and Behavior-driven Development (TDD / BDD)
• Manage teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations.
• Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization
• Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items.
• Ensures strict conformance to/with program task schedules and prices
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field
• 10 years managing IT Operational projects and projects for government agencies or large enterprise applications on a national scale
• Minimum of 5 current years of experience managing full scope Service Delivery projects of similar size and complexity with minimum of 8000 end users and 15,000 devices.
• Essential qualifications in IT, Business Administration or related disciplines.
• Requires knowledge of the business, industry, and market, as well as sales strategies, account/program management, service delivery, and financial analysis.
• A sound understanding of the major IT service offerings and an appreciation of evolving technologies and industry trends.
• Experience and understanding of the support of an IT outsourced environment, including service desk, field services, network operations, applications, infrastructure and data center environments.
• A proven track record in effective communications, managing service delivery and relationship management skills.
• Prior experience working with project procedures for evaluating and monitoring performance of services against a Performance Work Statement (PWS) or Task Order (TO) definition.
• Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
• Experience working with administrative and/or workflow systems
• Must be US Citizen and able to pass background security check covering areas of financial stability, no prior felony convictions, positive social visibility
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.