The UITS Support Center is hiring part-time consultants. Consultants are scheduled to work between 20-29 hours per week and are required to be available to work evening and/or weekend shifts and make a commitment to work at least two full semesters.
Consultants provide tier 1 technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff of the IU-supported communities over multiple services such as phone, email, chat, and walk-in.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides technical advising and troubleshooting support to clients in order to resolve problems reported for multiple service areas, including but not limited to:
• Desktop and mobile computing device platforms (including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and others)
• Central systems (email, learning management systems, storage platforms, etc.)
• Campus networking (wired and wireless connectivity).
• Documents all customer interactions for research, review, and future reference.
• Follows up with clients until a satisfactory resolution is reached. As necessary, escalates unresolved issues to the appropriate supervisors, tier 2 staff and administrators.
• Updates technical documentation in the IU Knowledge Base for both internal and public consumption. We are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single customer contact.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single customer contact.
Starting wage is $10.50 per hour ($11.50 per hour for after-hours shifts). Consultants may be eligible for a $0.50 raise upon completion of their first 90 days of employment.
To apply, go to URL blocked - click to apply. For questions or more information contact URL blocked - click to apply.
REQUIRED: Prior customer service experience, proven technical abilities, and excellent communication skill.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Process Improvements (Business)