Are you an experienced accounting professional who is passionate about leading and training new talent? Do you find yourself energized by helping new accountants find solutions to solve client challenges? K
•Coe Isom is a consulting and public accounting firm that promotes a unique approach to developing our people. We currently have an opening for and experienced tax professional looking to use their skills to teach and influence up and coming professionals.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Tax Technical Supervisor you’ll supervise and train new Associates throughout their first year on the job. By reviewing projects and collaborating with project leaders you’ll identify performance trends and work with members of the learning and development team to support training goals. As a Technical Supervisor you should expect to:
- Review projects prepared by new Associates and provide feedback
- Work with the Talent Advisor, Project Leaders, and A&A Technical Supervisor to identify performance trends, then provide training and coaching to support learning gaps
- Deliver individual and group training on tax concepts applicable to new Associates
- Ensure employees meet learning milestones as outlined in the New Associate Proficiency Map
- Join and collaborate with the Tax Training Committee
- Partner with members of the Learning and Development team to design and deliver impactful learning experiences that support firm goals.
- Partner with Scheduling Manager and A&A Technical Supervisor to provide diverse project opportunities
- Supervise up to 25 Associates at a time
- Monitor and support dashboard performance for supervisees
- Review trends in project realization and develop efficiency strategies
- Partner with Talent Advisor and A&A Technical Supervisor through the Talent Development Process
What you’ll need for this position:
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting
- Experience in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex financial information
- Demonstrated success in building and managing professional relationships
- The ability to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision
- Experience delivering training to a broad variety of experience levels, including the ability to provide critical feedback
- Exhibit and embrace curiosity and use critical thinking skills in guiding others
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a professional setting
- Strong communication and reading skills, cognitive abilities, interpersonal skills, self-management and organization skills
- A willingness to travel overnight on occasion, as needed to meet with supervisees
- Experience mentoring in a remote environment preferred
•Coe Isom offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible workarrangements, and paid leave.
Please complete an application, attach a resume, and include a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest to be considered further as an applicant. Questions can be directed to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Tax Technical Supervisor.
•COE ISOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other haracteristic protected by law.