naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Product Owner contributes to the success of naviHealth by maximizing the output of the engineering teams within an agile framework. They own key functional areas within our product space and are the go-to person for defining user stories and ensuring the timely delivery of a quality product. The Sr. Product Owner is responsible for building a product backlog, accomplishing tactical objectives, and prioritizing the items to best achieve product goals. The role requires a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The Sr. Product Owner must be detail-oriented and willing to 'roll up their sleeves' to get to the bottom of an issue.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Execute the product roadmap by owning the feature set in a simply stated product backlog, adjusting the priority to account for technical and business needs
- Develop quality user stories that are consistently written and adhere to acceptance criteria standards Effectively navigate conflict between multiple business constituents and appropriately balancing risk with business value
- Act as a trusted advisor for business stakeholders with the ability to manage expectations for major initiatives
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to other product owner team members
- Perform impact analysis on non-functional and reporting needs for new features
- Maintain an open and constant communication amongst the team, management, and customers regarding project status and sprint outcomes
- Provide transparency into development plans and upcoming releases to business stakeholders
- Drive the product vision by actively influencing business initiatives with domain knowledge and experience
- Travel requirements: Limited domestic travel (up to 10%)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- 5+ years of experience in technology product management/development or product owner (preferably in the healthcare services/SaaS space)or equivalent clinical experience with naviHealth applications
- Experience utilizing Agile methodology techniques, ceremonies, and reporting measures
- Solid technical expertise as it relates to the design and delivery of technology products and software-enable services
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset; proficient in analyzing qualitative and quantitative outputs
- Ability to face very difficult problems/issues that require very complex analysis. Usually works across enterprise level components and modules
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study; MBA/Master’s degree a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or Certified Scrum Master certification
- Healthcare experience
- Enjoys learning and understanding business processes and system workflows
- Excels in spending time with end users, gathering feedback, and translating operational needs into system features
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working directly with software engineers and quality assurance team members
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication, strategic planning, problem-solving, and project management skills
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.