To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethel, CT 06801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bethel – Medical Receptionist – Village Square Internal Medicine (00318)
ProHealth Physicians, Inc. • Bethel, CT
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ProHealth Physicians of Village Square Internal Medicine, Bethel, has an immediate opening for a friendly, customer focused and detailed oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. The approximate hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Support the care team and its patients by greeting and checking in patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone inquiries, collecting payments and maintaining demographic information. Routinely use the practice management system (PMS) and electronic health record (EHR) according to office policies and workflows.
Primary Responsibilities and Desired Behaviors:
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Schedule appointments and triage appointment requests for urgency according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Consult a licensed clinician for clinical decision making whenever necessary.
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians.
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process:- Load or update insurance information as needed- Scan insurance card(s)- Post payments received in practice management system and provide system-generated receipts
- – Acknowledge patients in PMS
- – Collect co-payments and outstanding balances
- – Verify eligibility and flag appointment accordingly
- – Collect or verify demographic information, including key demographic fields
- Monitor daily reminder call logs. Conduct outreach to patients requiring appointments (reschedule patients who cancel and call patients whose appointments were not successfully confirmed). Contact patients who “no show” for follow up appointments for chronic conditions or preventive care.
- Make outreach calls to patients to schedule required follow up or preventive care visits.
- Schedule follow up appointments with specialists, lab, radiology, etc. on behalf of patients.
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits.
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift and assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and CLIA regulations, and ProHealth policies.
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school completion or GED.
- Minimum of one year of receptionist experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Basic computer knowledge and aptitude required; experience with an electronic health record is preferred.
Careers with ProHealth Physicians: PHP is Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. Our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and wellbeing. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to improve the lives of all those we serve. We dedicate ourselves to outstanding care and excellent service. We support research and education that improves the health of our patients. We are open to new ideas, and we are committed to improving our skills and knowledge
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
ProHealth Physicians is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: ProHealth Physicians is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].