To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
500 Rue de Sante
LaPlace, LA 70068
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Therapist- Master Level Social Worker- Full-Time, Part- Time and PRN
River Place Behavioral Health • LaPlace, LA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: Demonstrates commitment and dedication in meeting the overall corporate Values, Mission and Vision for the future.
EVALUATION BASED ON
- DISPLAYS courtesy, caring and ethical values towards work functions.
- As reflected by direct supervision/ observation
- DEMONSTRATES integrity and diligence in fulfilling regulatory and legal requirements as set forth in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys
- TAKES INITIATIVE in achieving personal and professional goals and growth.
- New hire and/or annual training on Corporate Compliance & Ethics
- Actively PARTICIPATES and PROMOTES Performance Improvement activities.
- Effectively MANAGES time, and facility resources.
- As reflected in compliance with time and attendance policy and responsible use of resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
Evidence of Compliance
- Provides direct clinical services in accordance with accepted standards of social work/clinical practice in a timely fashion as outlined by Joint Commission, Federal and State Regulations and PI monitors.
- PLANS and CONDUCTS individual, family, and/or group therapy as assigned by Clinical Director or physician’s order.
B. CONDUCTS, ASSESSES, and INTERPRETS completion of
Psychosocial assessment within 24-48 hours of admission
- PERFORMS discharge planning as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Skills and knowledge of group processes/therapy.
2. Skills and knowledge of individual supportive counseling/individual therapy.
- Skills and knowledge of family dynamics and therapy.
- Timely patient assessments
- Timely and thorough MTI.
- Timely Treatment Plan initiation and weekly reviews.
- Timely weekly summaries.
- Timely patient education documentation
- PARTICIPATES as an active member of the treatment team by:
- attending treatment team meetings when indicated and reporting on assigned patients and their progress toward treatment goals.
- combining the reports of all disciplines into a multidisciplinary treatment integration summary, which facilitates the patient’s progress towards treatment plan goals.
- documenting in a timely manner in the medical record on a daily basis, the services rendered in a BIRP format.
- delivering patient services in an ethical manner which promotes respect for the patient and enhances the patient’s dignity and satisfaction.
- DEMONSTRATES the ability to assess and interpret a patient’s response to treatment in age/disability/culturally sensitive specific manner by:
- demonstrating knowledge of growth and development.
B.. communicating in an age/disability/culturally sensitive related manner to patients and their families.
- identifying safety, psychosocial, special mobility and special equipment needs.
- assessing and interpreting age/disability/cultural needs
- conducting treatment and discharge planning in accordance with age/disability/cultural needs, and involving members of the patient’s support system in decision making as appropriate.
- passing basic competencies related to age/disability/cultural specific information in New Employee Orientation.
- PERFORMS other duties as required by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Timely CC Plan
10. Evidence of patient satisfaction with treatment program, as indicated by results of Patient Satisfaction.
- Timely completion of charting entries in the medical record.
A Develops, plans, and provides in-services for inter/intra-community/staff on a minimum of a bi-annual basis.
- Actively participates in staff development or departmental/hospital wide committees as assigned
- Collects, monitors, and maintains performance improvement procedures for services rendered in a peer review format.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for patients, families, staff, and visitors
- Responds, assesses, and evaluates inquiry calls and executes appropriate interventions.
- Rotates weekend on-call and full time weekend employee positions.
H. Maintains professional licensure, complies with supervision standards, and conforms to professional ethics as delineated by the appropriate professional board.
- Demonstrates teamwork through seeking, accepting, and presenting new ideas with vision, and customer sensitivity.
- Performs job within productivity guidelines for the job description while being cost effective, conserving resources, timely completion and follow through on tasks according to established procedures and directions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and skills required by Policies and Procedures, including patient care, HR, confidentiality, and administrative P&P’s
- Adheres to safety regulations of facility as per policies and procedures and external regulatory/credentialing bodies. Identifies safety needs including ability to clinically recognize signs of abuse and neglect and intervene appropriately.
- Upholds the Policies and Procedures, mission, vision and philosophy of care while maintaining an atmosphere of dignity and respect for clients served within the therapeutic milieu.
- Works well with others, promotes cooperation and understanding among team members, contributes positively to setting.
- Arrives at work promptly and works in a timely responsible manner.
- Complies with standard precautions and infection control policies.
Attends inservices and additional opportunities to improve knowledge/skills and attain required CEU’s.
Maintains confidentiality information.
- Assesses situations and responds appropriately through prioritizing and organizing of tasks in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- Work consistently meets internal standards and customer requirements.
- Demonstrates competence by giving appropriate rationale for action taken.
- Utilizes verbal/non-verbal communication skills to consistently achieve positive results with internal/external customers.
- Respects coworkers, customers, and hospital’s confidentiality.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer’s and hospital’s goals and objectives.
DESIRABLE MINIMUM QUALIFICTIONS: 0 to 1 year post-graduate experience in clinical practice. An internship within chemical dependency field is also acceptable. (Any population which is assigned will be based on a mentorship training system if no experience has been had with that population.)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree, at a minimum for a social worker, counselor, or psychologist, and at least a Bachelor’s degree for BCSAC or appropriate licensure/certification
SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age--related disability--related needs of the patients served on assignment. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age related care/disability/cultural sensitivity related care to adolescent, chronically mentally ill, adult, geriatric, chemically dependent, and dually diagnosed patient populations. Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency and the family dynamics which accompany them. Must have basic knowledge of chronic mental illness. Must have in-depth knowledge of clinical therapy modalities. Must have excellent communication and group/process skills as related to age specific patient needs.
Must be able to demonstrate assessment, intervention, treatment and d/c planning skills. Must be able to pass the general age/disability post test.
Must be versatile, flexible, and able to perform in stressful situations. Must have good time and organizational skills. Must be capable of coordinating multi-faceted workload. Must be able to work with an array of mental/physical disabled persons. Must have training in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) and CPR certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job is sedentary work and involves sitting. A certain amount of walking and standing are often necessary to carry out job duties. Lifting/carrying is limited to 10 pounds maximum and involves articles such as medical records, file folders, etc. The position also requires:
Reaching Extending the hands and arms in any direction.
Handling:Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with the hand or hands.
Fingering: Picking, pinching, or otherwise working with the fingers primarily.
Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects and materials as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of receptors in the skin, particularly those of the fingertips.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by the ear.
Seeing: Obtaining impressions through the eyes of the shape, size, distance, motion, or other characteristics of objects. The major visual functions are: (a) acuity -- far and near; (b) depth perception; (c) field of vision; (d) accommodation; (e) color vision. The functions are defined as follows:
Acuity--far clarity of vision at 20 feet or more
Acuity--near clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
Depth perception three dimensional vision. The ability to judge distance and space relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
Field of vision the area that can be seen up and down or to the right or left while the eyes are fixed on a given point
Accommodationadjustment of the lens of the eye to bring an object into sharp focus. This item is especially important when doing near-point work at varying distances.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building which offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS: Must interrelate with patients, physicians, family members, multi-disciplinary team members, and community referral sources, as well as business office, admission, and medical records staff members.
POSITIONS REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION: None. At times, may co-supervise interns.