Assist with troubleshooting issues at operating plants and develop solutions that are timely and cost effective. Provide solutions that may include design packages with equipment specifications and P&ID updates to reflect changes. Assist in managing projects to completion including tracking the project time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Develop a basic understanding of ICM processes such as issuing information to customers.
2. Conduct research to develop new and improved ethanol manufacturing processes, including P&ID and equipment specification development.
3. Develop material and energy balances for new and developing processes with some input from senior engineers.
4. Design, plan layout, and assist customer engaged in constructing, controlling, and improving equipment to carry out ethanol processes on industrial scale.
5. Analyze operating procedures and equipment and machinery function to reduce processing time and cost.
6. Design processes to control movement and storage of solids, liquids, and gases.
7. Design and plan measurement and control systems for ethanol plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments, pilot plant operations, and industrial scale operations.
8. Determine most effective arrangement of unit operations exercising judgment to compromise between process requirements, economic evaluation, operator effectiveness, and physical and health hazards.
9. Lead activities of workers who operate and control such equipment as condensers, evaporators, pumps, columns, heat exchangers, valves, tanks, boilers, compressors, pipelines, and centrifuges to affect required chemical or physical change.
10. Perform tests and take measurements throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
11. Apply principles of chemical engineering to solve environmental problems.
Bachelor degree in chemical engineering or related technical discipline required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
5 + years process engineering or related experience or training required
Possess excellent computer skills utilizing MS Office products, Adobe, and AutoCAD software
Demonstrates attention to detail
Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision after initial training period
Acts with honesty and integrity
Possess fluent verbal and written skills in the English language
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Frequent site visits required, 10% travel required or as needed. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. May be required to work in high, precarious places.