The individual will be responsible for testing and clientcommunication of projects being evaluated in a 3rd PartyLaboratory. This individual will manageprojects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final testreport. Additional duties includegeneration of quality procedures and work instructions along with design andimplementation of test fixtures as required.
Specifically, These Responsibilities are To:
- Review the design of Products for Hazardous Locations against worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx standards.
- Conduct tests in accordance with worldwide UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx standards.
- Generate reports based on review and test data.
- Create quality procedures and work instructions.
- Create testing procedures.
- Travel to industry meetings and customer sites.
Profile of the Position (Requirements & Qualifications):
Experience with UL 913, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 157, ISA 12.12.01, EN/IEC 60079-0, EN/IEC 60079-2, EN/IEC 60079-11, EN 60079-15, UL 844, NFPA 496
Experience operating DMM, Oscilloscope, Spark Ignition Chamber, Data Logger, and other various related test equipment
Experience working with certification agencies and data submittal.
Familiarity with Battery Powered products, Laboratory Equipment.
Requires 10-20% travel.
BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent degree; or
Associates of Science with 4 years of experience;
Skills / Competencies:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
• Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
• If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Computer Control Systems