To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1250 West North Street
Dover, DE 19904
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Allied Reliability • Dover, DE
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Manufacturing Manager will be accountable for planning, organizing, reviewing, and controlling plant operations, including production, personnel, manufacturing engineering, materials, quality control, plant accounting, and plant engineering. The Manufacturing Manager will act as a \u201cPlant Manager\u201d within the production business units (Beverages, Desserts and Bakery) overseeing tasks not limited to planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operation activities. The incumbent will ensure all food preparation and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations. They will also oversee and monitor the performance of the Plant Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, cost control, service to sales, employee training and leadership development.
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
- Adhere to quality standards to ensure product quality and Food Safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and specifications
- Prepare departmental costs and variances with regard to productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Factory Employees in finding innovative ways to improve the Quality and productivity of our Products.
- Support Employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Work with Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up with regard to all established records, reports and/or forms
- Ensure strong, effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and government regulators
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried Supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures
- Embrace the principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
Bachelor degree is required; Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Degree is preferred
10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
5 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required
Thermal processing and packaging experience preferred.
Leadership experience within very large, complex manufacturing facilities is strongly preferred