To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Turlock, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Finance Analyst Senior, United States, Natural Ingredients N. America
Sensient Technologies Corporation • Turlock, CA
Posted 19 days ago
The Senior. Financial Analyst is a crucial and complex position at Sensient Natural Ingredients. Ideal position for someone who wants to grow into a Controller role. This job is not only essential to the Accounting Group, but also to production, inventory, and manufacturing activities within our organization. To be successful on this position, this position will need to have the ability to partner with Plant/Manufacturing Operations team to help them achieve their goals. Will provide leadership by being proactive in making recommendations for areas of improvement in production process, creating KPI’s, and/or recommending better means of data capture or system creation.
- Advanced analytic stills and critical thinking.
- Cost Accounting experience of +5yrs for a manufacturing and/or food processing business.
- Good understanding of Financial Accounting and General Ledger.
- Experienced in hands-on involvement with manufacturing/processing departments.
- Advanced knowledge of JDE manufacturing or similar ERP system (bill of materials, cost components, variances, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel. MS Access a plus.
- Manufacturing Accounting & Analysis
- Ensures all work orders are posted to the GL on a timely basis (weekly or bi-weekly).
- Meet with the operation team periodically to review variances.
- Visit warehouse and production areas regularly (several times a week) and observe the production flow and review with production employees how transactions are initiated and moved from one status to the next.
- Set up and lead meetings with the Production Management Team and Production Employees to discuss variances and improvement opportunities.
- Reconcile variances to GL each month.
- Review of manufacturing variances.
- Integrity analysis. Review potential costing or human errors.
- Variance analysis. Review variance sources and investigate the variance drivers.
- Create summary variance reports by product Brand.
- Maintain Amortization file for Manufacturing and Purchase Product Variances (PPV).
- Post monthly journal entry to reclass variance amount.
Production Metrics and Statistics
- Must have a deep understanding of Raw Material inputs and drivers about Sensient grown products (onion, garlic, and Parsley), as well as purchased products (Chili and Vegetables). Manufacturing activities range from dehydration, to cooking, milling, blending, and repacking.
- Understand and report on production Key Performance Indicators.
- Review and Reconcile rate of overhead absorption & the respective Deferred Inventory Accounts as the inventory is produced.
- Update Costs
- Change item standard cost periodically as necessary.
- Ensures item costs agree across the different JDE branches
- Performs other integrity checks to ensure no cost issues exist.
- Reviews and updates work center rates.
- Works with purchasing team and accounts payable to calculate standard cost of purchased items.
- Factors to consider are cost of materials, freight, labor & overhead rates, etc.
- Review Bill Of Material
- Periodically review Bill of Materials (BOM) accuracy.
- Perform BOM integrity checks.
- Review inactive/obsolete items.
- Ensures all items have the correct Material and Labor components.
- Month-end Processes
- Reviews Received-not-vouchered list and amounts.
- Makes journal entries for in-transit inventory.
- Reconciles Yield Usage & Work-In-Process accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- CPA is a plus.
ABOUT SENSIENT NATURAL INGREDIENTS:
The Sensient Natural Ingredients group is part of Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group and is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods. The Natural Ingredients unit is located in Turlock, California.
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer