To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redwood City, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GUARDANT HEALTH, INC • Redwood City, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Accessioner II provides a vital link between internal customer service and the clinical group. The Accessioner II is responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing and recording samples sent for laboratory testing under the supervision of the Accessioning Supervisor. The Accessioner II may serve as a team lead to Accessioner I to coordinate tasks, divide workload and manage projects. He/she has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow. In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Analytial and/or Post-Analytical team, , on an as needed basis. It is imperative that the Accessioner II have demonstrated the ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the Guardant Health team. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accessioner II are required to support the clinical lab staff with sample intake and accessioning.
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking and processing all incoming clinical specimens.
- Responsible for entering and verifying data in the LIS database.
- Verifies aspects of incoming samples and access acceptability of the sample testing.
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging and isolating plasma from whole blood.
- Resolve and document incomplete or unacceptable specimens.
- Aliquot specimens and manage sample storage inventory.
- Create sample batches, print labels and label tubes and batches.
- Perform equipment maintenance and maintain equipment logs and records.
- Keep laboratory equipment in good working condition by applying quality control measures, such as sterilization and greasing to avoid damages.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary.
- Clean racks and other laboratory supplies.
- Carry out and maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory stock for daily operations.
- Work closely with the Leads of the Analytical, Post Analytical and the Client Services Teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned and assist others as time allows.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Participate in the introduction of new validations and/or configurations.
- Assist in the update and development of SOPs pertaining to Accessioning.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining laboratory, personnel and training documents.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Provide support, guidance and constructive feedback to Accessioner I.
- Accessioner II may oversee Accessioner I in the absence of Accessioning Supervisor and/or designee.
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory required
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the pre-analytical sample processing steps
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers, as needed
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and logs
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.