The Transaction Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing relationships between sellers and sub-servicers as it relates to the purchase of MSRs by Lakeview Loan Servicing. This position will be responsible for ensuring transaction timelines are met to ensure seamless transfers of MSR’s. The candidate will have a high level of interaction with internal and external stakeholders. Distribute servicing instructions and working party lists among participants. Track and maintain progress of post-sale and post-transfer action items. Share incoming data related to transactions with internal stakeholders. Act as operational liaison between counterparties to facilitate the movement of loans from multiple servicers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under direction of the VP of Transaction Management
- Work through transaction management playbook to ensure all deliverables are completed according to applicable requirements and within compliance guidelines
- Interface with sellers and sub-servicers to meet deadlines and execute on deliverables for new and ongoing transactions
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
- Review contract terms related to the reimbursement of servicing release premiums
- Reconcile monthly reporting from agencies, sub-servicers and vendors to ensure accurate invoicing on charges related to MSR’s
- Manage the review of investor transfer approval requests and distribution
- Manage the execution of contract deliverables relating to sale date payments
- Direct sub-servicers on problem resolution relating to the transfer process
- Work through transaction management checklist to ensure all deliverables post-transfer are completed, including the timely manage of the delivery of imaged files, the delivery of collateral files, and HUD/VA/USDA holder changes
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, vendors and Lakeview clients
- Exceptional organization skills to manage different transactions
- Exceptional communication skills required
- Flexibility to handle varied and evolving responsibilities, multitask skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Project Management experience helpful
- Proficient working with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of GSE servicing agreements and reporting requirements preferred
- Knowledge of servicing practices and systems – MSP servicing system preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 4 year degree from accredited college or university
- Accounting or Investor Reporting experience preferred
- Loss analysis and loss mitigation experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Attention To Detail