Employment Status: PRN
SUMMARY: Cares for patients in the hospital under direction of nursing, by performing the following duties. Provides exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers, and team members.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers Ascom phone and responds to patient delegated tasks in a timely manner.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living.
• Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
• Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
• Turns and repositions patients, alone or with assistance.
• Runs errands (Blood Bank, lab, etc), directs visitors, and answers telephones as needed.
• Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates. Records the intake and or output of food, fluid or surgical drains as directed.
• Assists with Pre-Procedure preparation.
• Preps and assists nursing with patient discharge including IV and foley catheter removal.
• Changes Linens and maintains a neat and clean patient environment.
• Is flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the unit.
• Provides unit specific patient care under guidance of licensed professionals.
• Seeks out learning opportunities by observing more complex tasks performed by the licensed caregiver.
• Documents appropriately in the medical record including completion of tasks and hourly rounding.
• POC Glucose monitoring as trained and directed
• Assists in wound care and dressing changes
• Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Completion of high school education or equivalent required.
• CPR- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
• Falls, Prevention, OSHA, and Restraints must be completed within 30 days of hire and renewable annually.
• Pursuing a degree/licensure as a RN or LPN and must have completed clinical competencies in Fundamentals of Nursing or CNA certification from school attended.
1) Letter of recommendation from the Instructor is required.
2) Copy of completed competencies or skills checklist is required (if applicable).
3) Copy of CNA certification required (if applicable).
• Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory training as identified by LGMC.
• Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
• Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Medium Work - Medium level work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21 - 50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11- 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving of patients.
Walking about from patients’ rooms as well as to and from various hospital areas
Licensed Practical Nurse
Certified Nursing Assistant
Basic Life Support