To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Billing Representative - Shelton, CT
UnitedHealth Group • Shelton, CT
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Billing Representative is responsible for all accounts receivable, cash flow, billing and eligibility internal / external questions. These functions include fielding inbound calls, conflict resolution making outbound calls to our customers and brokers ensuring strong cash flow and superior Days Sales Outstanding. This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing.
- The ability to recognize and identify billing discrepancies and inconsistencies and the ability to resolve these issues
- Reconciliation of outstanding balance accounts review
- To be able to manage a book of business on a continuous basis
- To be adaptive and agile in constant changing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Background in business statistics, analytics and process improvement
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to work effectively without supervision
- Strength in Conflict Resolution
- All other duties assigned by management
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience working in Accounts Receivable or Billing environment
- Experience communicating with internal and external customers via phone or face to face
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (analyzing data on spreadsheets and using Microsoft Excel formulas (sum, SUMIF)
- Experience navigating databases in Microsoft Access
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.