Wythe County Community Hospital
Underthe direction of the nursing director or other supervisor, assumes responsibilityfor providing patient care for his/her specified department/shift, utilizingthe nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Works incollaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, andcoordinated care for assigned patients.The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary toprovide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics togeriatrics. The individual mustdemonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the lifespan and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status.He/she must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify eachpatient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and toprovide care in accordance with physician orders, the Joint Commissionstandards, OSHA regulations, nursing and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Current licensure as a RegisteredNurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact Licensure as an RN or eligibilityto sit for NCCLEX exam.
2. Prefer one year of experienceworking on a medical-surgical care unit/ telemetry unit.
3. BCLS certification required within30 days of date of hire.
4. ACLS, PALS Certifications required withinone year from date of hire.
5. Abilityto accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts whenacuity and/or census indicates need. Will be available to report to facility within 60 minutes ofnotification. This status will be determinedby Department Director, Supervisor, Clinical Team Lead/Charge Nurse or HouseSupervisor.Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Medical Surgical Nursing
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Computerized Physician Order Entry