Location Name: Findlay, OH or San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: 63025
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Provides leadership and support to the Transport and Rail Operations Technology Team. This role is responsible for managing and directing a team that is accountable for all aspects of technology for Transport and Rail Operations to include running and maintaining current systems, data management, user training, build and design of new systems and technical tools. This includes collaborating across departments to improve processes and automation, liaison between Operations and Corporate IT department and vendor management of third-party commercial technology vendors. The successful candidate may be located in Findlay, OH. or San Antonio, TX.
- Lead all operational technology support activities for a fast-paced, 24x7x365 business critical operation
- Ensure the day-to-day reliability of all Transport and Rail technology platforms
- Evolve and improve technology solutions to enable operational innovation
- Interface and partner with Corporate IT department and third-party vendors for support and development of technology
- Lead strategic initiatives to advance and improve technology capabilities across the operations
- Develop appropriate technology and process documentation to include user guides, systems architectures and technology roadmap
- Implement necessary processes to support disaster recovery planning
- Manage team of technology analysts and subject matter experts responsible for delivering technology and process initiatives
- Available for periodic on-call support
- Monitor and manage Technology roadmap in support of T&R strategic goals and value creation in collaboration with IT Shared Services
- Prioritize backlog items and ensure appropriate resource allocation
- Hold periodic stakeholder communication and check-in with key T&R groups (Dispatch, Fleet Ops, etc.)
- Partner with IT Shared Services to ensure alignment of T&R technology roadmap with enterprise as well as industry direction/mandates
- Monitor roadblocks and remove barriers for our team members. Tracking key metrics from ServiceNow or similar tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related discipline is required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in technology management
- 2-3 years of direct leadership/supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in Technology Management in the Logistics sector preferred
- Working knowledge of Trimble TMW Transportation Management Software
- Working Knowledge of Trimble TMT Fleet Maintenance Software
- Working Knowledge of PeopleNet Fleet Management Software
- Ability to lead projects and teams
- Knowledge of systems analysis and/or design methods
- Possess excellent oral, written and listening skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and technology mindset
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, 6368273717751.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [ Link removed ] . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in 6368273717751. Right to Work Statement 6368273717751 or 6368273717751.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit [ Link removed ] .