Requisition ID: 110862
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Roadway Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Federal Way, WA (Seattle Metro area) office.
• Technical leadership, oversite and interdisciplinary coordination on complex highway design build projects
• Manage multiple technical teams working on pursuit and final design projects
• Perform technical review of design deliverables ensuring them meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Design quality management plan champion for the civil design team
• Develop project budgets, schedules and staffing plans for KIE final design projects
• Assist senior management team in project selection and, technical risk assessment
• Participate in Innovation Sessions for upcoming design build projects
• 12+ years of highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Professional registration required, with the ability to obtain a WA PE
• WSDOT experience preferred
• Design Build experience preferred
• Ability to manage the 3D modeling process and understand the expected outcome
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, (super elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation and AutoCAD
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to travel (up to 25%) across North America
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Engineering Design Process