Kelly IT Services is currently sourcing candidates to help fill a contract opening for a Desktop Technician in Woodland Hills, CA
Qualified and interested candidates APPLY NOW!!
Hit the apply button OR email your resume directly to Amy Kowalski, Technical Recruiter - URL blocked - click to apply
The IT-Client Management Solutions department is comprised of multiple teams that are spread across 19 sites, providing support and engineering functions for issues escalated to the Service Desk. The team provides local and/or remote support at all of the various business units within the client. This includes: assisting in on boarding employees, procuring hardware and software, coordinating IT related projects, maintaining inventory databases, and escalating and driving escalations through resolution.
What You’ll Do
- Leads and engages in team, department, and enterprise projects by contributing in solution design, presentation, implementation or monitoring. Identifies trends providing recommendation and developing new methods for improving end user experience.
- Network troubleshooting – ping tests, trace route, ipconfig, nslookup, network link speed / bandwidth testing, understanding of the function of routers / switches / Riverbed devices, MiFi & WiFi connections & devices
- Computer networking - copying files to remote locations, transferring via FTP, creating, administration and security of shares, remotely controlling of machines, naming of machines.
- Imaging – imaging & modifying code/jobs, partitioning (creation and resizing)
- Hardware Break Fix – diagnosis and understanding of root cause for failed parts on desktop / laptops / peripherals, physical replacement of broken parts in desktops / laptops (including but not limited to memory, system board, system fan, CD drives, LCD, Palm Rest, Keyboards, etc.)
- Data Recovery – recovery of data from broken/ unreadable drives
- Advanced Desktop / Laptop Software Troubleshooting – driver conflicts, understanding of processes & services, log file capturing/interpreting, installing printers, software installation conflicts, registry editing, virus identification and cleaning, understanding and decoding of error message, basic packaging and scripting
- Continual Maintenance – Cleaning, updating software, applying & understanding of security patches
- Cabling / Connections – Understanding and designing of CAT 5 (or similar) cabling, HDMI, DVI, VGA, HDMI, Display Port, USB (all versions), SATA / eSATA solutions
- Mobile Support- configuration, management, troubleshooting and understanding of iOS products and devices
- Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- ITIL Foundations v.3
- 5 – 10 years of pertinent experience in IT support as well as project management.
- Proven ability to effectively work within collaborative teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple components and technologies such as: desktop / laptops, mobile devices (Android / iOS), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, A/V Equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, Skype, Box, WebEx, Spark, Virtual Desktop (VDI), Apple and Windows 7 / 10 environments, etc.
- Complete ownership of issues and problems and support from end to end; coordination of multiple teams and support personnel as needed to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (Email blocked - click to apply). Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only select candidates will be contacted. Thank you!
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Video Graphics Array
Digital Visual Interface