Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Inspector III inspects complex components, parts and/or products for the area assigned as prescribed by all applicable specifications and quality assurance instructions. Works under minimal supervision, identifying moderately difficult to complex issues and oversees the satisfactory resolution of customer requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Conducts a variety of complex examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards
- Reviews and analyzes statistical data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards
- Oversees the satisfactory resolution of customer requirements on a variety of complex Quality Assurance issues
- Prepares and completes all necessary documentation for reporting acceptance/rejection of inspected and/or tested items
- Manages the Internal audits and corrective action follow ups
- Performs inspections on engineering designs, assemblies, piece parts, final assemblies and tooling
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications : Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 5 - 7 years or more of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and ability to act as a resource for colleagues
- Ability to identify and independently resolve a variety of complex Quality Assurance issues
- Skilled at measuring and using test equipment as prescribed by job assignment
- Experience working with engineering drawings, charts, diagrams, and sketches
- Proficient computer skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Approve Finished Product