We all face challenges and transitions in our lives, and when we do, we must be able to count on the strength of community for support. For the people of Los Angeles, Jewish Family Service LA is that trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Delivery Meal Driver (Per Diem)
The Per Diem/ As Needed Home Delivery Meal Driver is responsible for delivering meals to home-bound participants and maintaining the position of liaison to monitor the senior nutrition program clients.
- Valid and unrestricted California Driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be a reliable, mature adult and have the ability to relate well to older people.
- Ability to handle emergency situations effectively.
- Basic knowledge of social, economic and psychological problems of home-bound elderly.
- Licensed driver with a clean driving record and proof of auto liability insurance required.
- Must be familiar with using maps.
- Able to lift 25 lb without assistance
- Experience with basic data entry is preferred
- Ability to speak Russian, Spanish or Farsi is a plus
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population
- Ability to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) and drug test prior to beginning employment
- Deliver meals daily to home-bound elderly.
- Serve as a link between frail, isolated participants and the Home Delivered Meal Coordinator.
- Assess physical and emotional condition of participants.
- Report health and behavioral changes to HDM Coordinator.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- Maintain records of all participants on route.
- Maintain delivery van in good driving and sanitary condition.
- Collect meal contributions.
- Track and record food temperature on daily log
- Other related duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.