Tremco has an open position in the Ashland Rubber Extrusion Group for a Process / Project Engineer II
The Process / Project Engineer II’s role is viewed as an extension of management and responsibilities are broad and include safety, product quality, process control, productivity improvement, and development of a LEAN culture. The Engineer is expected to spend a significant amount of time on the floor, lead major process equipment projects, and mentor less experienced engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume a leadership position at the facility in partnership with the shift supervisors. Activities include resolution and communication regarding safety issues.
- Execute on scheduled PHA’s and JSA’s.
- Proactively monitor area and remediate potential safety issues.
- Use DAKOTA software as a tool for compliance and environmental, health and safety. Use the tool to report incidents, near misses, and non-conformances.
- LEAN Culture
- Develop and execute upon “standard work” activities.
- Assume responsibility for assigned activities on the Engineering Tier and other accountability boards.
- Conduct “GEMBA Walks” daily. Use walks as the primary means of education and communication of expectations.
- Improve productivity through elimination of non-value-added activities. Apply engineering principles and methodologies to Improve productivity and eliminate waste.
- Product Quality
- Work to maximize equipment efficiency and quality for output.
- Member of the facility QIC. Ensure identification of root cause and subsequent prevention of future customer complaints.
- Assist in the training of operators with a focus on quality critical product specifications and process parameters.
- Significant experience with equipment troubleshooting and process design.
- Project Management
- Must be capable of successfully managing major process equipment projects (>$750k) on time and on budget.
- Must be capable of leading and/or supervising others in their role or in the execution of completing a project.
- Mentors less experienced engineers
EDUCATION AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in an Engineering curriculum such as Manufacturing, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical from an ABET Accredited university
- Two plus years related experience and/or training
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities on existing equipment highly preferred.
- Must have experience in both practical Process Engineering and Project Management.
- Understanding process variance and the resultant effects on Quality
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Ability to perform problem analysis utilizing problem-solving methodology.
- Knowledgeable in Project Management software a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred
- This job is located at a chemical plant.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Six Sigma Methodology
Continuous Improvement Process
Complex Problem Solving