ECS is seeking a Developer - Java Spring (Jr.) to work in our Memphis, TN office.
- Java development for an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; Full development life cycle and production support/application maintenance in Agile/rapid development environment.
- Develop Java based frameworks for complex data processing.
- Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements. Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs.
- Develop understanding of application processes, coding standards, and performance standards. Learn existing and new processes and technologies.
- Work with team lead / solution architect on solution design. Analyze and convert business requirements to technical requirements. Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, and related data processing design documentation.
- Code per development, performance, and secure coding standards; resolve defects identified in testing and code reviews.
- Execute performance test and tuning activities.
- Support production deployment and production support.
- Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
- Support production application - investigate and resolve production inquiries and issues. Requires flexible schedule.
- Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 0-3 years of experience
- Java based software development - J2EE, Spring
- Transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse) - design, development, tuning, and production support
- Database design and modeling - logical and physical
- ETL development
- Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading
- Database storage sizing and maintenance
- Agile development methodology
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Postal or mailing industry experience
- Traditional and NoSQL database platforms - Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Various frontend platforms - Qlik, D3/Angular.js
- Production support experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Online Analytical Processing