We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican BioThermal LLC is a global leader in the design and manufacture of single use and reusable temperature controlled packaging solutions for the highly regulated pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical trials industries. Pelican BioThermal is a great place to work and offers employees the opportunity to flourish and excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, creative and exciting environment! We currently have an opening for a full-time Material Handler based at our site in Plymouth, MN.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of material movement throughout the warehouse and for supplying and preparing raw materials to staging areas; to ensure continuous production and minimal interruptions to assembly departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for efficiently and safely unloading and loading material off and on trailers.
- Stores and retrieves material (piece pick and/or bulk) within the warehouse.
- Identifies damaged material.
- Responsible for basic equipment maintenance and daily inspection of forklifts.
- Prepares, issues, and returns raw materials, components, and packaging to the department staging area on a timely basis, per dispatch.
- Audits, reconciles and returns unused raw materials, components, and packaging to the warehouse for restocking upon job completion.
- Documents information in the SAP system and communicates with production and department staff to determine material needs.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, and other safety procedures in accordance with the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required with 3 to 4 years of relevant warehouse experience.
- Ability to proficiently and safely use forklifts to transport product throughout warehouse, and to load and unload trucks.
- Must have knowledge of warehouse layout and the safe operation of material moving and handling equipment; including 2-wheeler, lift truck, and pallet jacks.
- Knowledge of loading, unloading, and storage requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other similar computer software.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret documents related to the job, function, or assignment.
- Must have good organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have excellent data entry skills to ensure accuracy of information entered into the computer systems.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the time frame specified by the Lead.
Why Join Pelican BioThermal? Here’s a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans.
- 401k plan – with a competitive match.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products.
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program.
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Packaging And Labeling