[ Link removed ] is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position will be located at any one of our Florida fossil plants and we are going to work with you to secure an interview at your desired work location.
- Plant - Cape Canaveral Cocoa, Florida
- Crist Plant Pensacola, Florida
- Plant Fort Myers, Ft Myers, Florida
- Plant Martin Indiantown, Florida
- Plant Manatee, Florida
- Plant Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Plant Sanford Debary, Florida
- Plant Turkey Point Florida City, Florida
- West County Energy Center Loxahatchee, Florida
FPL is the largest energy company in the U.S. as measured by retail electricity produced and sold, serving more than 5.6 million customer accounts or an estimated more than 11 million people across Florida.
This is a non-shift classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary function of this individual is to perform mechanical maintenance on plant equipment. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Foreman. This classification may be required to travel to other locations as workload requires.
Minimum requirements for job:
- Has previously held the classification of mechanic, and/or successfully completed the joint apprentice program for mechanic or equivalent.
- Operates all types of power and machine tools and uses any hand tools and equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
- Uses precision tools when required.
- May maintain stock and records of plant mechanical materials, supplies, tools and spare parts.
- Performs preventive and minor maintenance to ensure the proper function of plant equipment.
- Performs major maintenance on plant equipment, plant construction, demolition and removal and installation of plant mechanical equipment and structures, and repair and replacement of plant mechanical equipment and structures.
- Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement
- Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)