To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aurora, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Quality Assurance Vice President
OSI Group • Aurora, IL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides leadership and expertise to the Quality Assurance function in North America. Directly supervises the Corporate Quality Assurance Department. Oversees all Quality Assurance programs to ensure that all OSI system products meet or exceed food safety standards, customer specifications, government regulations, and OSI product standards. Reports to the Senior Vice President, Quality and Regulatory Affairs.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Provides planning, direction and leadership in the Corporation’s Quality Assurance programs that involve food safety, compliance, customer product specifications, OSI standards, and all relevant government regulations.
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporation’s Quality Assurance programs and the Quality strategic plan for OSI Group companies in North America.
- Develops and implements best in class food safety and quality solutions to novel and complex problems.
- Fosters global alignment and collaboration through membership on OSI’s Global Food Safety and Quality Systems Council. Effectively implements global strategies and initiatives in North America.
- Provides direction in all matters related to compliance with local, state and federal food safety regulations.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to corporate staff and plant QA personnel.
- Serves as an OSI Group expert representative on customer, industry and government food safety committees.
- Delivers, thorough timely and insightful reports on quality and food safety, performance outcomes to senior leaders.
- Identifies and effectively communicates to senior management time sensitive findings and information that could impact OSI or its customers.
- Maintains effective relationships with food safety and quality leaders representing OSI’s customers
- Masters Degree in Food Science or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
- Fifteen years of progressively more responsible QA experience in the food industry, with at least 3 years experience at the Director level, preferably within meat processing.
- Recognized expertise in industry as a result of prior positions, professional publications and speaking engagements, membership on industry committees.